Rules of Conduct Dec 30, 2004 9:51:22 GMT -5
Post by Don on Dec 30, 2004 9:51:22 GMT -5
The conduct within this forum must conform within the master guidelines set forth in the Proboards Terms of Service agreement. < www.proboards.com/Information-Terms_of_Service.html >
Secondary to that, the framework set forth by those moderating the SmokeBusters forum shall also be followed. This framework is further defined as follows and subject to change:
- “SPAM” or solicitations\marketing for products, services or for other websites will not be allowed.
Any posting considered to fall within this category can and will arbitrarily be deleted by a moderator without compassion or remorse. Further action may be taken upon the username used in posting the message including the dismissal of the user’s login rights, IP address, email address or complete deletion of the username at the sole discretion of a moderator.
- “Trolling” or posting discussions with the implied or overt intention to enrage or harass is not acceptable behavior. Subject to the same judgment of the moderators as those who would SPAM.
- "Bumping" or posting in a post for the purpose of ensuring it remains on Page 1 is allowed. However, the person bumping shouldn't do so more than 3 times in a row or it begins to appear that a poster is, in a sense, Spamming the board to get attention. Allow others the chance to respond to a thread before appearing rude and bumping one's own thread. Good etiquette is appreciated by everyone.
- Language or photos containing content that others find offensive or are construed as an assault against mainstream morality\ethics and legalities can and will be censored by automatic and direct-manual means. Infractions may invoke the interjection of moderators in application of disciplinary action at a level of their discretion.
- As a SUPPORT board, personal attacks against fellow quitters will serve no useful purpose and is thus not allowed. Moderators may institute "cooling-off" periods via temporary ban on warring parties to promote civility amongst board posters.
- The Official language used on this board is English and it's localized (localised) incarnations. Posting in other languages, while unofficially allowed-as it may pertain to the specific topic of the post intended, may be considered rude and exclusive to the general audience.
- Religious Tolerance is encouraged. The nature of this addiction brings about serious health consequences and death. Owing to that, it is only natural that prayers are offered by those with religious feelings.
This is acceptable behaviour. Posts slamming another's religion or lack there of or solicitations for membership to a particular religion is not acceptable behavior.
- As diverse as the world is - so are the people within it and who appear here. TOLERANCE in all forms is encouraged. Political, cultural, racial, sexual, etcetera views will differ. This is not the place to banter these issues. There are plenty of other boards where people can argue amongst themselves about those topics.
Since there is more than one moderator, one moderator may find something more objectionable than another and take action in direct proportional response. This is human nature and something that is agreed upon between moderators. Please do not try to pit mod against mod as invariably the outcome will pose no good.
We remind you that when registering a username at ANY ProBoard forum you agree to the following statements:
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. This is not only humorous, but legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate to this forum.
Note that it is impossible for us to confirm the validity of posts on this forum. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages and are not responsible for their content. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information presented. The messages express the views of the author, not necessarily the views of this forum. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator of this forum immediately. We have the rights to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy goes for member profile information as well.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum, and any related websites to this forum. We at this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any information we have about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any information posted by you.
You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another member, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another member's account to post messages or browse this forum.
After you register and log into this forum, you can fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information we deem inaccurate or vulgar will be removed.
Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.